Sunday, September 5, 2010

The White Room


Lately, I have been thinking about a dream I had many years ago. I don't remember all of it, just this one building, or massive room. I remember that it was about my uncle. My uncle is a physicist, and I think I was going to visit his lab. As a little kid, I guess this is what my subconscious thought these labs looked like. Some how, I went up an escalator, or stairs to this floor. While going on this escalator, or stairs, the walls were completely white. In fact, there weren't any walls. Everything was just pure white. When I got to the top, I was on white floors. You have to understand that the floors weren't like tile floors, they were just white floors with no patter...just pure white floors with no cracks or anything, completely smooth. The walls, if there were some, were so far away, that you couldn't see them. It was like the room was never ending. The ceiling was a bit high, but you knew there was a ceiling because there were pillars about 50 yards away from each other. The pillars were white, same as the rest of the never ending room. I stood there for what felt like hours, and watched the room. The elscalator, or stairs disappered underneath me, and I was just alone in this room. I would look every where. Look in circles, and this room was just a never ending, empty room. Except for the pillars. You would follow the pillars all the way down the room, and it seemed as if they would go on forever, but in the back of my mind, I knew the room ended. I stood in this room, and then it seemed as if the room filled with things, and before I could catch what they were, they would disappear. The room would fill with blackness for a split of a second, then go back to pure white. I would see glimpses of people flash by me. People talking to each other, people day dreaming and standing alone, and then it would go back to white. I would walk down this white room, and more things would flash by. I remember a big circular machine in the middle of the room. I think it was something that I thought my uncle was working on. Oddly enough, it seemed as if equations and atoms would fly by, but then disappear again and then i, would be back in the white room, alone. I would wait, and pictures would shoot by. I would walk, down this room, and I would never make it to the end. I knew the room ended, so I was persistent on walking till the end. I walked for a while longer, then all of a sudden, my dream shifted. I was finally out of the room, but I don't remember where. I remember the white room. I remember the people walking by then disappearing. I remember the room feeling like it was a train station,people bustling by, then it goes back to a white, sterile, room. I just remember that room. It's horribly insane, but I wish I could go back to that room, go back to that dream. It was fascinating. I wish this place were real. It was something that I will forever remember, and the fact that I dreamed this when I was twelve, and it flashed back into my mind, hopefully means that I will find this place. I really wish this place were real.

No comments:

Post a Comment