Monday, August 16, 2010

Rêves De Chant


I was a dreamer
Staring out windows
out onto the main street
cause that's where the dream goes

I wish I could dream all day. I spend countless hours staring out my window with my my ipod on, making up stories on my life, dreaming of the future, of the person I long for. If there was a way to sleep for days and days, and have control over some of your dreams, I would strive to do that. One can only live in reality for so long till you go completely insane. I'm happy, but I'm distant, because I'm in my own little world most of the time. I have an imagination that stomps over most. I believe in things that people think are ludicrous, but that is what makes me, me. How would life be like if we all lived because we had to? We lived for work, or for money? Life would be hard labor. Life wouldn't be filled with twists and turns. Life wouldn't be a surprise. When you live in your dream world, reality, seems a bit more surprising. If you map out situations in your life, and they don't come out the way you thought, there is a sense of thrill. Disappointment, yes, but at the same time, it isn't what you expect. Dreams make up life. Books are filled with ideas to help your dreams to flourish to exceed the expectations you have on someone or something or to just make you feel simply sensational. Next time you are out in a park, at the beach, at a coffee shop, put your ipod on, and watch people, imagine people doing other things then just walking by, then just sitting down, or talking on their cellphones. Have them come up to you, start a conversation, try to figure out what's going on in your mind. Imagine that person you like walking up to you, sitting with you, having a conversation with you. It makes life more fun. My mind is constantly yearning for the unexpected, yearning to have the dreams come true. I guess it's called wishful dreaming. Sometimes, life takes another turn, and somethings you've dreamed of, will somehow manifest in front of you, and it's another surprise life has thrown at you. This is the reason why I live. Life is a thrill and it should always be that way. No matter who you meet, no matter where you go, situation will come up that you would never believe in a million years would happen. When it does, it's simply wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment