Thursday, July 29, 2010

Collapsing At Your Doorstep


I was thinking to myself today while driving with my brother, about how him and his girl friend met. It fascinated me when she told me the story. She didn't like him very much the first time she met him. She thought he was cute, yes, but she didn't like him. She went through a boyfriend and my brother still held tightly onto her. He did everything he possibly could do get this girl, but she didn't want him. They were constantly hanging out. She asked him to homecoming(as friends), they went to places together, he met up with her on Christmas Eve, and yet, she still didn't want him. Then, after those two years, something happened. She told me she just opened her eyes, and he was there. Everything she ever wanted in someone, was standing right in front of her, and she didn't notice it for years.

This story made me realize that we search and search for that certain person we think will complete our lives. Make us feel like we are the luckiest person in the world, when we aren't looking at the people we already have. When there is a rejection, sometimes it comes down to us thinking,"well, they just couldn't see what they wanted was right in front of them." Sometimes, it's understandable to not feel the same feelings towards someone, but if you have things in common, why don't you just give it a shot? Everything someone is looking for in a person, either they're your closest friend, acquaintance, mutual friend, that has those qualities you want, look into them, study them. If they have the same desires,same goals you have. If they have the same taste in music as you. If they like to read and write and act weird like you, listen to that. If you're afraid, try to get past that. I wish that people would be able to see that. See that in the people around them. Study people that are similar to them. Study the way they move, the way they talk, how they interact. I could only wish people could see that. Another wish that I fear could never come true. There is too much good in people that some people, just can't see that. And they will forever go unspoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment